Langtang valley trek is a prodigious trekking destination that is known for its landscape and cultural values. Talking about Langtang, it’s the classic settlement of Buddhist majority that has preserved the century-old Nepalese culture and tradition in its purest form. Also, the transition of tropical vegetation to temperate and then sub-alpine makes the landscape beautiful. The trek offers stunning views mountains ranges as Ganesh Himal; Manaslu, Langtang Lirung I and II, Nagdi Himal and Nadgi Chuli, etc. Also, you will cross different rivers, streams, meadows, forests, and viewpoints during the trek.
The Langtang Valley Trek takes you to the altitude 3730M, thus requires good physical condition and some previous trekking experience. You can also acclimatization day in Kyanjin Gompa at 3730M, which is the highest point of the trek. In this itinerary, we will begin the journey with a drive to Syabrubesi and then climb to Lama Hotel. We will further walk to cross Langtang Village, Kyanjin Gompa, Syabrubesi, and then drive back to Kathmandu.
You can also opt for a helicopter tour to Langtang valley and enjoy the beautiful aerial view of mountains, glaciers and green hills.
• Experience the typical Nepalese culture in Langtang region
• Walk along the crown forest of rhododendron, pine, and oak
• Stunning views of Langtang, Lirung, Dorje Lhakpa, and Gaurishankar range
• Encounter many old Buddhist monasteries
• Scenic drive to from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi
• Assimilation day in Kyanjing Gompa (3730M)
Where to meet:
We will meet upon your arrival at Kathmandu at Tribhuwan International Airport.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m)
Upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International airport, we will meet you and then transfer you to the hotel. During your leisure time, we will do the trip briefing and also complete the remaining formalities. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 2: Drive to Syabrubensi (2720M), 7/8 hrs
After breakfast, we will start to drive from Kathmandu. About 6 hours of drive to Syabrubensi in a jeep/ bus is filled with beautiful scenes and adventure. During the evening, you can explore the area around the hotel. Overnight in Syabrubensi
Day 3: Trek to Lama Hotel (2416M), 5-6 hrs
First, we will cross the Bhote Koshi and then follow the Langtang Khola. This route gradually ascends to the Bamboo forest. Afterward, we gently trek down to Rimche, which lies at the bank of River Langtang. In our trail, we might encounter red pandas, monkeys, and bears. Overnight in Lama Hotel
Day 4: Trek Langtang Village (3330M), 5-6 hrs
As we climb upwards, we will encounter occasional glimpses of Langtang ranges. At Ghora Tabela the route emerges from the forest and climbs gently. After passing some temporary settlement, we will witness a monastery before crashing at the village of Langtang. This village is Langtang National Park’s headquarter. Overnight in Langtang Village
Day 5: Trek to Kyanjing Gompa (3730M), 5-6 hrs
The route climbs through some villages and yak pastures before the valley fully opens to offer more extensive views. After crossing many moraines and small streams, we will reach the settlement at Kyangjin. Kyangjin has a small yet beautiful monastery and a government-operated cheese factory. Overnight in Kyanjing Gompa
Day 6: Acclimatize day around Kyanjing Gompa (3730M)
Kyangjin is a great place to acclimatize your body to the increasing altitude. Today, we shall explore the area and enjoy the view of glorifying peaks such as Langtang Ri (6370m), Dorje Larpa (6990m), Langtang Lirung (7245m), and so on. Overnight in Kyanjing Gompa
Day 07: Trek back to Lama Hotel (2470m), 5-6 hrs
Today, we retrace your path to Thulo Syabru and further walk towards Lama Hotel. As we cross the path passing through the forests, we might encounter some wild animals during our trek. Overnight in Lama Hotel
Day 08: Trek to Sybrubensi (1460m), 5-6 hrs
From Lama Hotel, it’s steep climb between the forests of fir, rhododendron, and oak to the top of a ridge. Then after it’s a short descent to Sybrubensi. Overnight in Sybrubensi
Day 09: Drive to Kathmandu (1350M), 7-8 hrs
We will drive through the exact same route towards Kathmandu. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 10: Departure
• Pick up and drop from Airport in a private vehicle
• Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
• Full-day guided Kathmandu in a private vehicle
• Trekking permits like TIMS card and Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit (ANCAP)
• Transportation by Jeep/ Bus
• Three meals a day (Breakfast, Dinner, and Lunch) during the trek
• Accommodation during the trek (Lodge/Tea House)
• Safe drinking water (Medicated), during the trek
• Seasonal fresh fruits (during the trek only) after dinner.
• Government-licensed, experienced, knowledgeable, well-trained, English-speaking guide and his entire expenses
• Farewell dinner.
• Porter and his entire expenses (One porter for every 2 trekkers)
• Insurance of Guide and Porter
• All required Government and local taxes
• Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
• First Aid service (Basic)