Langtang Gosaikunda Lake is a prodigious trekking destination that is a sacred holy pilgrim. Followers of Hinduism and Buddhism perform their religious activities in Gosainkunda. Local people believe that taking a shower in Gosainkunda Lake washes all your pain, sins, and sorrow. Also, they claim to see the image of Lord Shiva in the button of the pond when the lake remains calm. There are other many lakes such as Bhairav Kund, Nag Kund, Surya Kund, Saraswati Kund, Bhut Kunda, Dudh Kund, etc. The trek offers stunning views mountains ranges as Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, Langtang Lirung I and II, Nagdi Himal and Nadgi Chuli, etc.
The Langtang Gosaikunda Helambu Trek is also a perfect transition trek for those who are looking to leap to longer walking trails. The trek is more relaxed than the other 9 days treks and also consists of a well-facilitated path. With so many amazing destinations in single adventurous trekking, this trek could be the next chapter of your travel diary.
The lake is an altitude of 4,300m, thus requires good physical condition and some previous short trekking experience. In this itinerary, we will begin the journey with a drive to Dhunche and then climb to Langtang Gosaikunda. We will further walk to cross the Laurebinayek Pass, Gul Bhanjyang, and then to Chisapani.
• Experience the typical Nepalese culture in Langtang region
• Walk along the crown forest of rhododendron, pine, and oak
• Stunning views of Langtang, Lirung, Dorje Lhakpa, and Gaurishankar range
• Visit the holy Gosainkunda lake
• Enjoy the view of over 100 small lakes around Gosainkunda lake
• Encounter many old Buddhist monasteries
• Scenic drive to from Kathmandu to Dhunche
Where to meet:
We will meet upon your arrival at Kathmandu at Tribhuwan International Airport.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu (1400m)
Upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International airport, we will meet you and then transfer you to the hotel. During your leisure time, we will do the trip briefing and also complete the remaining formalities. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 2: Sightseeing tour around Kathmandu city
During the morning, we will visit the famous Pashupatinath Temple, which is an important Hindu pilgrimage site. Then afterward, we will also visit the historic Kathamandu Durbar Square area & the Boudhanath Stupa. These are the most popular attractions in Kathmandu valley. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 3: Drive to Dhunche (1960m), 6/7 hrs
After breakfast, we will start to drive from Kathmandu. About 6 hours of drive to Dhunche in a jeep/ bus is filled with beautiful scenes and adventure. During the evening, you can explore the area around the hotel. Dhunche, the headquarters of Rasuwa district, falls under Langtang National Park. Overnight in Dhunche
Day 4: Trek to Sing Gompa (3330m), 5/6 hrs,
After a beautiful night in Dhunche, we will further climb to an altitude of 3330m. You need to stroll as there is a chance of getting altitude sickness. There is a very famous monastery over Sing Gompa that has great religious value. Overnight in Sing Gompa
Day 5: Trek to Gosainkunda (4380m), 6/7 hrs
After breakfast in the morning, we will cross the settlement of Chandanbari and Cholangpati. Then we will climb along the gradual hill and reach Laurebina. After some rest, we will continue our trail that leads to Gosainkunda in about 2-3 hours. Overnight in Gosainkunda
Day 6: Gosaikunda to Sing Gompa (3330m), 4/5 hrs
On the 6th day of our trek, we will trace our route back to Sing Gomba. Since it’s an easy ascend, we will saunter as we enjoy the stunning views of the surrounding environment. Overnight in Sing Gompa
Day 7: Sing Gompa to Dhunche (1960m), 4/5 hrs
Today is also an easy descend to Dhunche. We will trace back the same way we climbed. Overnight in Dhunce
Day 8: Drive from Dhunche to Kathmandu (1400m), 6 hrs,
Once we enjoy the beautiful sunrise view from Dhunce, we will drive towards the Kathmandu valley. Overnight in Kathmandu
Day 9: Departure
• Pick up and drop from Airport in a private vehicle
• Twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
• Full-day guided Kathmandu in a private vehicle
• Trekking permits like TIMS card and Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit (ANCAP)
• Transportation by Jeep/Bus
• Three meals a day (Breakfast, Dinner and Lunch) during the trek
• Accommodation during the trek (Lodge/Tea House)
• Safe drinking water (Medicated), during the trek
• Seasonal fresh fruits (during the trek only) after dinner.
• Government-licensed, experienced, knowledgeable, well-trained, English-speaking guide and his entire expenses
• Farewell dinner.
• Porter and his entire expenses (One porter for every 2 trekkers)
• Insurance of Guide and Porter
• All required Government and local taxes
• Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
• First Aid service (Basic)